- 安排與華語同儕同班 (增聘教師以入班協助非華語學生於中文課堂學習)。
- 抽離式上中文課 (每組約1名老師照顧約1-3名學生)。
To facilitate non-Chinese speaking students’ adaptation to the local education system and mastery of the Chinese language.
To provide additional Chinese courses and a language-rich environment for students.
To increase students’ overall abilities in Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing.
For NCS who are doing generally well in Chinese language learning, school has the following arrangements:
- have lessons with local students (may appoint a teachers to assist in class),
- provide after-school tutorial classes.
- provide additional Chinese lessons (2 additional Chinese lessons per week).
For NCS who have greater difficulties in Chinese language learning, school has the following arrangements:
- have Chinese lessons in pull-out class (approximately 1 teacher with 1-3 students);
- provide Chinese programme for non-Chinese speaking students.
Teachers train upper primary students, as reading ambassadors, to have buddy reading with non-Chinese speaking students for 15 minutes every week.
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Zhang Li Fen at 26740538.
Learning Chinese is Fun (愉快學中文)
The purpose of the learning app is to motivate NCS children and help them to learn Chinese and traditional characters for better integration into the Hong Kong society. The learning objectives and the content are specially designed for the non-Chinese speaking children in Kindergartens and aligned with the guide of the Pre-primary Curriculum 2016 as well as official documents related to NCS students’ learning Chinese as a second language. Teachers and parents could use it as a supplementary Chinese teaching and learning materials for children.
Support to parents and students